What Are Kegel Exercises?
Kegel exercises are intended to strengthen your PC (pubococcygeneus) muscles. My pubo-what?! Just your pelvic floor muscles! Ever stop peeing midstream? The muscles that helped you do that are your PC muscles. People of all genders have PC muscles, and exercising these can lead to a TON of health benefits such as:
For vag owners
- Treat urinary incontinence
- Stronger orgasms
- Prevent vaginal prolapse
- Speed up vaginal recovery post-pregnancy
For penis owners
- Help prevent soft erections, premature ejaculation, & erectile dysfunction
- Treat inflammations in the prostate gland
One of the great things about kegel exercises is that you can do them anytime, anywhere. Once you’ve located those muscles (like with the peeing experiment above), you can squeeze them anytime! To exercise your PC muscles:
- Squeeze and release for three second intervals
- Repeat ten to fifteen times (all good exercises require repetition!)
There, you’ve just exercised your PC muscles! If only all workouts were so sweat-less.
The great thing about kegel toys is that they help you do kegel exercises without concentrating on counting or repetition. Simply insert your kegel toy (using lube!) and go about your business. Your muscles will naturally contract around the toy, so you don’t have to think about it. Some people even reach orgasm while using kegel toys!
Use your kegel toys while you clean the kitchen, on your way to work, whenever!